Eight out of Ten CIOs Believe Organizations Must Bridge Gaps for IT to Take Holistic Approach to Problem Solving; Compuware to Highlight New Functionality in Webinar, Jan. 23 at 11 a.m. EST
DETROIT, Jan. 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company, today announced industry-first functionality that dramatically improves the way IT teams collaborate when resolving application exceptions and performance problems. The siloed nature of enterprise IT departments can lead to a lack of understanding and communication between IT teams, resulting in inefficient problem-solving, slower time-to-market and rising costs. Compuware has united its revolutionary Compuware APM for Mainframe with its industry-leading Developer Productivity solutions, further breaking down barriers between Development, QA and Operations teams. Unprecedented levels of integration now enable the automated capture of detailed information about an issue, enabling Development teams to jumpstart the resolution process and accelerate the delivery of IT services.
A short explanatory video accompanying this release is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=22912Compuware's solutions have helped IT teams collect detailed analyses of performance problems and application exceptions for more than 30 years. The handoff of this information from Operations or QA to Development is a critical -- and undervalued -- part of the problem re-creation and resolution process, impacting how quickly a problem will be resolved. Yet most IT organizations currently lack this collaboration and rely on manual, limited communication of the problems. A major global CIO survey showed that:
- Only 31 percent of CIOs see cooperation across technology silos and 81 percent believe there is a need to bridge gaps so that IT as a whole can take a more unified approach to problem solving.
- When it comes to notifying Development about known problems, 60 percent of organizations rely on manual handoff methods.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts