Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Visteon (VC) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Visteon as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $56.9 million.
- VC has traded 4,243 shares today.
- VC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VC NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on VC: Visteon Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, supplies, and supports climate, electronic and interior systems, modules, and components to automotive original equipment manufacturers worldwide. It operates in three segments: Climate, Electronics, and Interiors. VC has a PE ratio of 19.7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Visteon a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for Visteon has been 508,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Visteon has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 2.00 and a short float of 1.8% with 1.42 days to cover. Shares are unchanged year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Visteon as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income increased by 186.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.00 million to $43.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.61, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.23, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 129.72% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 52.01% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Visteon Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about VC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV