NEW YORK, Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Aeropostale, Inc. (NYSE: ARO), a mall-based specialty retailer of casual apparel for young women and men, and DoSomething.org, the largest not-for-profit in the U.S. for teens and social change, today announced the seventh annual "Teens for Jeans" campaign. The campaign encourages young people to donate their gently used denim to help teens in need. Approximately one in three homeless people in the U.S. is under the age of 18 and one of the most requested items that young people in homeless shelters ask for is a pair of jeans.
Today through February 16, 2014 teens can participate by bringing gently worn jeans, any size and brand, to any Aeropostale or P.S. from Aeropostale store in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, or Mexico. All donations will be distributed to local homeless shelters and charities. As a thank you for each pair donated, Aeropostale will give an additional 25% off a new pair of jeans, though no purchase is necessary.
"The Teens for Jeans campaign continues to build momentum," says Scott Birnbaum, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Ecommerce at Aeropostale, Inc. "In six years, we have collected and donated over 3.5 million pairs of jeans, and Aeropostale remains committed to making a difference for teens in need."
"We are so excited to be working with Aeropostale to kick off the seventh year of Teens for Jeans! Aeropostale is a great partner; they provide an accessible jean drop-off location for young people across the country at a place they already are -- the mall," says Aria Finger, Chief Operating Officer at DoSomething.org. "It's awesome to be able to work toward our goal with such a fantastic partner, such a dedicated shelter network, and such enthusiastic young people."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV