SAN DIEGO, Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALO) today provided an update on the anticipated milestones for its product development programs in 2014.
"Halozyme is poised for a pivotal year in 2014," stated Dr. Helen Torley, President and Chief Executive Officer. "With multiple collaboration products advancing to commercialization stage, our focus is now on advancing and unlocking the value of our three proprietary products, which are potentially game-changing for the company. There are a number of key development and commercialization events over the next twelve months that can be used to measure our progress."
"For PEGPH20, these include completion of enrollment of the Phase 2 pancreatic cancer study (Study 202) and initiation of a study to evaluate PEGPH20 in an additional tumor setting. With respect to our diabetes program, we plan to communicate results from the CONSISTENT 1 study of Hylenex ® as a pre-treatment in patients with diabetes using insulin pumps in the first quarter of 2014. In support of maximizing the commercial potential of Hylenex as a pre-treatment in patients with diabetes using insulin pumps, in the coming weeks, we will be seeking input from the FDA regarding the path for a labeling update to include key efficacy and safety data prior to initiating promotion for this use. For HTI-501, we look forward to communicating top-line results from our cellulite trial also in the first quarter of 2014."Proprietary Products PEGPH20
- Complete enrollment in the on-going Phase 2 multicenter, randomized clinical trial (Study 202) evaluating PEGPH20 as a first-line therapy for patients with stage IV metastatic pancreatic cancer, in the second half of 2014. Approximately 124 patients will participate in the study and receive gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel either with or without PEGPH20.
- Initiate patient enrollment in an additional solid tumor setting in the fourth quarter 2014.
- Announce top-line data from the 400 patient clinical study – The CONtinuous Subcutaneous Insulin infusion STudy ENrolling Type 1 Diabetes (CONSISTENT 1) – evaluating the use of Hylenex in conjunction with rapid analog insulin in people with Type 1 diabetes using insulin pumps in the first quarter of 2014.
- Submit clinical data from CONSISTENT 1 for publication at a major medical meeting in 2014.
- Gain input in the coming weeks from the FDA on the path to secure an update to the Hylenex labeling to include key efficacy and safety data when used as a pre-treatment in patients with diabetes using insulin pumps.
- Announce top-line data for HTI-501 from the Phase 2 clinical trial in patients with cellulite in the first quarter of 2014.
- Roche expects to receive European Medicines Agency's Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) opinion regarding MabThera SC and a potential approval of the marketing authorization in the EU during 2014.
- Baxter expects to receive a response to its Biologic License Application (BLA) for HyQvia from the FDA in mid-2014.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts