(NRF, Motorola Solutions Booth #1501) – Increased competition from online and brick and mortar stores, combined with higher customer expectations driven by the convenience of online shopping, is making it more challenging for retailers to maintain customer loyalty and stay on budget. In a recent KPMG Retail Industry Outlook Survey, retailers cited losing share to low-cost producers (30 percent) and customer/employee mobility (21 percent) as two of the top three biggest threats to their business models. However, a fully connected and informed retail team can ultimately help deliver an enhanced experience for shoppers, driving loyalty while giving store owners a return on their technology investment.
During the 103rd National Retail Federation (NRF) Annual Convention & EXPO this week at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) is showcasing its latest Staff Communications and Management solution which keeps store staff mobile and connected via voice and applications to the information needed to assist shoppers and improve storefront operations. Tasks, work orders and group and private calls can be initiated, routed and escalated across or within work groups to keep associates accessible and enhance collaboration. Inventory and detailed product information can be accessed anywhere in the store at a moment’s notice to answer shoppers’ questions and perform consultative selling.
More than half of shoppers (58 percent) surveyed as part of Motorola’s Holiday Shopping Study agreed that they have a better experience when sales associates are using the latest technology to assist them. Handheld devices such as Motorola’s MC40, SB1 Smart Badge and ET1 tablet allow retail associates to connect and respond to customer needs without leaving the shopper’s side. Productivity-enhancing software such as Mobile Workforce Management provides associates with up-to-the-minute prioritized task lists and equips store managers with the visibility required to further optimize storefront operations.
- Motorola’s Professional Services experts work with retailers to develop a mobility strategy that is aligned across business functions to help manage the omni-channel shopping experience, assess current technology, analyze return on investment and improve storefront operations to keep shoppers coming back.
- Motorola’s customer-facing device portfolio offers a range of capabilities and price points to enable retailers to right-size a deployment, digitally connecting the store staff and providing access to the right tools and information. By leveraging the data from customized mobile devices, retailers can maintain a storefront that combines efficient operations and the highest level of customer service .
- Motorola’s Voice Readiness Assessment helps retailers determine if their current wireless and wireline network can support a planned deployment. Motorola’s purpose-built retail voice portfolio provides workers anywhere, anytime access to PBX-based telephony and enterprise-grade push-to-talk (PTT) services over the wireless local-area network (WLAN) and their professional radio infrastructure.
- As new technology is rolled out to the workforce, Motorola’s Application Design and Porting service can seamlessly port applications to new devices to help retailers accelerate the deployment of mobile solutions and leverage the capabilities of emerging technologies for a competitive advantage.
- Motorola’s Mobility Lifecycle Management (MLM) is a service aimed at retailers who see the advantages of mobilizing key business operations. MLM is designed to provide insight into the most important aspects of full lifecycle management and the operating environment and processes needed to accelerate the return on a customer’s mobility investment. Motorola experts can perform an MLM assessment and visioning session to define a retailer’s mobility strategy and future improvement possibilities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV