NEW YORK, Jan. 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NeoStem, Inc. (Nasdaq:NBS) ("NeoStem" or the "Company"), a leader in the emerging cellular therapy industry, and its subsidiary, Progenitor Cell Therapy, LLC ("PCT"), an internationally recognized contract development and manufacturing organization, announced today that NeoStem and PCT will present at five sessions at the Phacilitate Cell & Gene Therapy Forum 2014 in Washington DC.
Of particular note is the January 29 Breakfast Workshop hosted by PCT which will focus on PCT's Development by Design ("DbD") concept, aimed at helping PCT's clients methodically identify and address quality, cost, scale, and sustainability goals that are both challenging and critical for commercial-scale manufacture of cell therapy products.
"PCT's DbD methodology is designed to inform and accelerate the use of engineering principles and innovative solutions such as automation, integration, and closed system design, to provide a manufacturing process that will meet these commercial goals," said Brian Hampson, Senior Director, Engineering & Innovation services at PCT, and leader of the Workshop. "DbD provides a systems approach to guide strategy for manufacturing development and can be applied across the full range of cell-based therapeutic products."The Company's other presentations range in topic from business to product characterization assays and a case study on CD34+ bone marrow stem cells in interventional cardiology. "We are proud to showcase the depth and breadth of our resources at Phacilitate," Dr. Robert A. Preti, Chief Scientific Officer of PCT and NeoStem and President of PCT, "and demonstrate how PCT can provide solutions that help our clients achieve their cell therapy development and commercialization goals." Phacilitate Cell & Gene Therapy Forum 2014 January 27-29, 2014 Grand Hyatt, Washington, DC Monday, January 27, 2014 Session #1: Cell & Gene Therapy Business
- Time: 9:00 AM EST
- Speaker: Robert A. Preti, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer and President of PCT
- Time: 12:25 PM EST
- Speaker:Timothy Fong, PhD, MBA, Vice President, Technology &Product Development, PCT
- Time: 3:00 PM EST
- Speaker: Brian Hampson, MS, Senior Director, Engineering & Innovation of PCT
- Time: 7:45 AM EST
- Workshop leader: Brian Hampson, MS, Senior Director, Engineering & Innovation of PCT
- Time: 12:40 PM EST
- Speaker: Jonathan Sackner-Bernstein, MD, FACC, Vice President, Clinical Development of NeoStem
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts