DaVita®, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. (NYSE: DVA) and a leading provider of kidney care services, today announced a partnership with one of Germany’s most renowned nephrology practices to deliver leading renal care to patients in Düsseldorf.
Praxis mit Nähe joins DaVita along with its world-class physicians including Prof. Werner Kleophas, Dr. Andreas Westhoff, Prof. Gerd Hetzel and Prof. Frank Dellanna.
“The addition of this highly regarded practice is an exciting opportunity for DaVita and represents a key step in our long-term growth strategy in Europe,” said Dennis Kogod, chief operating officer of DaVita HealthCare Partners SM.
“DaVita brings a model to Germany that wonderfully aligns with the values our practice has held for more than 30 years,” said Prof. Werner Kleophas. “Being product independent, DaVita’s sole focus is on perfection in kidney care delivery and putting patients first. We’ve always cherished independence and liberty in treatment and together with DaVita we believe we can accomplish great results in the delivery of care for our patients in Düsseldorf.”Praxis mit Nähe has six Düsseldorf-based clinics specializing in dialysis, nephrology and diabetology and was one of the largest privately held groups in Germany. The partnership more than doubles DaVita’s footprint in Germany with a current total number of ten centers. “When DaVita entered Germany two years ago, our aim was to improve quality of life for the country’s kidney care patients,” said Bjӧrn Englund, president of DaVita’s Europe and Middle East operations. “Having these esteemed doctors join DaVita is a testament to the strides we’ve made and positions DaVita as the partner and provider of choice in German kidney care.” DaVita and DaVita HealthCare Partners are trademarks or registered trademarks of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV