NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Last week, I received the following message from a Vice President at a major corporation:
I refuse to go on the record, but let's just say your work this past week has confirmed that one of my decisions last year was the right one.
Even though I can still see the turnip truck's brake lights, I can read between the lines quite well. This person interviewed for a job at Sears Holdings (SHLD) and turned it down. Clearly, this person made the right choice.
This person is smart enough to not join a sinking ship. And this person is, undoubtedly, smarter than the top executives at Sears.
I'm smarter than the decision-making executives at Sears. TheStreet's Brian Sozzi is smarter than these executives at Sears. TheStreet's Robert Weinstein is smarter than them as well.And you -- each and every one of you -- are smarter than the people who have decimated what was once a national treasure. Even if you're one of the people who reacted emotionally to what happened at TheStreet and on Twitter (TWTR) over the first weekend of the month and throughout the subsequent week. That storm of fire aside, the real outrage here isn't the broad and misguided response from Sears management; it's really about two specific facets of their ineptitude.
On the following pages, I lay it out like it is. Cutting through the noise and clutter in what amounts to part one of a Sears three-parter to be continued Monday morning at TheStreet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV