DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc (DVA): Today's Featured Health Care Laggard
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.DaVita HealthCare Partners (DVA) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 2.0%. By the end of trading, DaVita HealthCare Partners fell $0.90 (-1.4%) to $64.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,836,088 shares of DaVita HealthCare Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,080,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $64.39-$65.85 after having opened the day at $65.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.64. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Chelsea Therapeutics International (CHTP), down 29.2%, Mast Therapeutics (MSTX), down 27.7%, MannKind Corporation (MNKD), down 16.4% and Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR), down 10.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full DaVita HealthCare Partners Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV