January 9, 2014: A Song-by-Song Breakdown of How Pandora Decides Which Song to Play
January 9, 2014: Why Bruce Springsteen Ends Up on Taylor Swift RadioI consider these videos instructive to Apple (AAPL) investors as well as those concerned with the music industry and the Internet radio space. Pandora lives and breathes streaming radio through the Music Genome Project. That's the company's primary focus. To provide a personalized radio to its listeners and connect artists with their fans. That's it. Sounds simple in theory, but it's not easy to pull off. Our look at the MGP highlights some of the complexity. And I think it shows why, surprising to some, Pandora has been able to fend off all competitive threats, even Apple's iTunes Radio.
As a not-so-aside, pursuant to all of this -- just the latest in roughly two years of pretty intense, daily coverage of Pandora -- I have launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a book I will write this year that tells the story of Pandora from before its founding through the present day. You can find details on this project at the link. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV