NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Several readers asked if I could condense the various parts of my exclusive look at Pandora's (P) Music Genome Project (MGP) into one article. Because it makes sense to have a central point of reference, I decided to do just that.
Between these eight videos, there's one hour, 19 minutes and 51 seconds worth of tape where Pandora's VP/Playlists and Chief Scientist Eric Bieschke reveals the method behind the music. After learning, with specific examples, how the MGP powers personalization and music discovery for every listener, it's easy to understand why Pandora continuously fends off competitive threats to remain Internet radio's leader.
While you should watch every video (because they're all really great), if you're pressed for time or deciding which to watch first, start with the ones on Page Three ... the song-by-song look at how Pandora serves personalized radio is particularly fascinating, in a music, tech, data geek kind of way.
Ahead of each set of videos or video, I provide a link to the story they/it appeared in.
January 7, 2014: Exclusive: Inside Pandora's Music Genome Project, Part One
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV