LAKE ZURICH, Ill., Jan. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Swingline® is taking staplers out of the office and placing them in a space typically uncommon to office supplies, an art gallery. The top stapling brand has challenged Chicago artists to merge art and stapling innovation to create an exhibit known as the Swingline Collective. The event will take place at the Dandelion Gallery in Waukegan, IL, on January 18 th, and will feature artwork that incorporates stapling products. The Swingline Collective is a part of the monthly " Art Wauk" where over 20 galleries promote community revitalization through art.
Admission to the event is free and will run from 5-9pm. There will be food and beverages throughout the night. Swingline will also host a silent auction for the artwork, in which all proceeds will go to the Dandelion Gallery's high school art scholarship fund, and the local artists that have supported the exhibit."We are excited to support the local art community through this initiative. Swingline hopes to show that staplers are no longer confined to just stapling two pieces of paper together, but instead can go beyond the desk space and can even create art," said Amy Dixon, Swingline Marketing Manager. If you cannot attend the event in person, there are many ways to still be involved:
- Visit the Swingline Blog and Facebook for unique content exclusive to the event
- Follow Swingline on Twitter (#SwinglineCollective) to see live tweets and photos from the event
- Check out the Dandelion Gallery Web site to learn more about the local art community and the artists participating
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts