On 1/14/14, Banco Santander SA's 6.50% Non-Cumulative Series 5 Guaranteed Preferred Securities (SAN.PRC) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4062, payable on 1/31/14. As a percentage of SAN.PRC's recent share price of $24.85, this dividend works out to approximately 1.63%, so look for shares of SAN.PRC to trade 1.63% lower — all else being equal — when SAN.PRC shares open for trading on 1/14/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.56%, which compares to an average yield of 5.90% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, SAN.PRC was trading at a 0.88% discount to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of SAN.PRC shares, versus SAN:
Below is a dividend history chart for SAN.PRC, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.4062 on Banco Santander SA's 6.50% Non-Cumulative Series 5 Guaranteed Preferred Securities:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Banco Santander SA (SAN) makes up 4.70% of the Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF (VWO) which is trading up by about 1.6% on the day Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV