ATLANTA, Jan. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Innotrac Corporation (NASDAQ: INOC) a best-of-breed commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, contact center and business intelligence solutions, today announced the release of a special SmartHub® Health and Beauty report. The study evaluates 30 retailers in the drugstore, cosmetics, mass merchant and specialty categories.
SmartHub®, Innotrac's proprietary benchmarking tool, provides clients and strategic partners with intelligence and analysis of the online retail purchase cycle. The studies evaluate merchants across 81 data points, tracking the entire eCommerce experience from ordering, to shipping, packaging, customer service, and returns.
"We've seen a lot of momentum in health and beauty," said Melissa O'Keefe, Sr. Director of eCommerce and Marketing at Innotrac. "We were interested in finding how or if there would be any differences in the way this category performs versus our regular set of retailers. We understand that health and beauty shipments face a different set of challenges from other categories, including a high percentage of fragile and hazmat items. Our study showed that many of these retailers are meeting those challenges while maintaining a focus on customer experience."
Results of the Health & Beauty special study revealed some differences compared to retailers in all categories:1. Speed to Delivery – Health & Beauty retailers are speedy. 70% of orders in our study were delivered within 3 days. For a standard Order Event, this number is 50% or less. 2. Shipping Charges – A majority of Health & Beauty retailers (57%) have free shipping. Historically, the average is 38% for the industry as a whole. The one notable exception was the 2012 SmartHub® Cyber Monday study in which 58% of orders had free shipping. 3. Order Packaging – The orders in the special Health & Beauty study:
- Were 25% more likely to include external branding
- Were twice as likely to be placed in an inappropriate sized box
- Were nearly twice as likely to include packing materials
- Had a different mix of package types
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV