MINNEAPOLIS, Jan. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- GNC Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GNC), a leading global specialty retailer of health and wellness products, has awarded creative and media duties to Carmichael Lynch.
Carmichael Lynch emerged as the winner in a group of some of the best agencies in the country originally targeted as potential candidates for the job.
"Carmichael Lynch has a history of building emotional connections with consumers that drive passion for the brand and business results," said Tom Dowd, executive vice president, chief merchandising officer and general manager of GNC. "Their big idea will help further elevate GNC as a strong lifestyle brand, appealing to a much broader audience."
"We are excited to launch a new campaign with Carmichael Lynch, and we expect to reach new customers and introduce them to our fantastic store experience, top-quality products and leading sub-brands such as Pro Performance®, Total Lean™ and Vitapak®," said Joe Fortunato, GNC's chairman of the board, president and CEO. "Once we get new customers in the door, they will quickly understand why GNC is the leader in the industry and in addition leads the way in innovation with first to market products. The Respect Yourself campaign was very successful in communicating the GNC brand and its appeal across all demographics. We have enormous respect for Peter Arnell and the integrity of his vision. However, GNC was looking for a one-stop-shop that could cover all of our marketing needs, which are evolving. Carmichael Lynch fills those needs.""We're thrilled to be working with GNC," said Carmichael Lynch's president and chief strategy officer, Marcus Fischer. "They're a true passion brand that is great to work on." The new campaign is expected to debut this spring. GNC marks the fifth account win for Carmichael Lynch over the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV