1. As of noon trading, Dollar General Corporation ( DG) is down $0.68 (-1.1%) to $60.86 on average volume. Thus far, 1.6 million shares of Dollar General Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $60.83-$61.79 after having opened the day at $61.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.54. Dollar General Corporation, a discount retailer, engages in the provision of various merchandise products in the United States. Dollar General Corporation has a market cap of $19.1 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Dollar General Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dollar General Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Dollar General Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts