1. As of noon trading, TJX Companies ( TJX) is up $0.35 (0.6%) to $63.67 on light volume. Thus far, 1.0 million shares of TJX Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $63.50-$63.94 after having opened the day at $63.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.32. The TJX Companies, Inc. operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the United States and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Marmaxx, HomeGoods, TJX Canada, and TJX Europe. TJX Companies has a market cap of $45.2 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 9 analysts who rate TJX Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates TJX Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full TJX Companies Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts