NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Francesca's (FRAN) is booking double-digit gains after updating fourth-quarter guidance to the high-end of its previously announced range. By midday, the stock had exploded 19.8% to $21.66.
The Houston-based retailer said it expects fourth-quarter sales to be in the range of $93 million to $95 million with comparable sales seeing mid to low single digit decreases. The company previously guided $90 million to $95 million in revenue and a decrease of 8% to 3% in comparable sales.
Net income for the fourth quarter ending Feb. 1 is expected between 27 cents and 29 cents a share, the high end of previous guidance of 25 cents to 29 cents a share.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had forecast net income of 27 cents a share on $93.32 million in revenue."We believe that our differentiated business model, combined with our retail growth strategy and execution of our operational initiatives, will continue to drive improvements in long term shareholder value," said CEO Neill P. Davis in a statement. TheStreet Ratings team rates FRANCESCAS HOLDINGS CORP as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate FRANCESCAS HOLDINGS CORP (FRAN) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FRAN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV