Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 1/14/14, Franco-Nevada Corp (FNV) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.06, payable on 1/30/14. As a percentage of FNV's recent stock price of $41.87, this dividend works out to approximately 0.14%.
Below is a dividend history chart for FNV, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.06 declared by Franco-Nevada Corp:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from FNV is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 1.72% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of FNV shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, FNV's low point in its 52 week range is $31.54 per share, with $56.9325 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $41.93.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, FNV makes up 4.47% of the Gold Miners ETF (GDX) which is trading up by about 2.1% on the day Friday. In Friday trading, Franco-Nevada Corp shares are currently up about 1.1% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV