NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Rexahn Pharmaceuticals (RNN) was rising 25% to $0.88 on Friday morning after Roth Capital Markets started coverage on the stock at a "Buy" rating.
Joe Pantiginis set the target price of the stock at $3 and cited the company's commitment to focus on cancer drugs as a reason for the positive rating. He noted that after multiple transition years, Rexahn could be on the cusp of a crucial year in which it could report critical data on several drug candidates.
Rexahn announced two years ago that it would stop working on its depression drug Serdaxin and would instead turn its attention to cancer treatments. The company's current drug candidates include Archexin, which is currently in mid-stage testing as a treatment for pancreatic cancer, RX-3117 and Supinoxin, both of which are currently being studied in early-stage trials.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV