Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 1/14/14, Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. (POT) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.35, payable on 2/6/14. As a percentage of POT's recent stock price of $33.20, this dividend works out to approximately 1.05%, so look for shares of Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. to trade 1.05% lower — all else being equal — when POT shares open for trading on 1/14/14.
Below is a dividend history chart for POT, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.35 declared by Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc.:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from POT is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 4.22% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of POT shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, POT's low point in its 52 week range is $28.55 per share, with $44.13 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $33.22.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, POT makes up 8.54% of the Global Agriculture Portfolio ETF (PAGG) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Friday. In Friday trading, Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. shares are currently up about 0.3% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV