Trade-Ideas: Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) Is Today's "Perilous Reversal" Stock
- ISIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.2 million.
- ISIS has traded 83,641 shares today.
- ISIS is down 3.1% today.
- ISIS was up 9.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ISIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ISIS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ISIS: Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. engages in the discovery and development of antisense drugs using novel drug discovery platform. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Isis Pharmaceuticals a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Isis Pharmaceuticals has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Isis has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.81 and a short float of 12.6% with 10.70 days to cover. Shares are up 15.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Isis Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ISIS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 103.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.40, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 7.27, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 364.64% to $65.82 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.32%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Isis Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.