Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Bally Technologies (BYI) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Bally Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BYI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.6 million.
- BYI has traded 227,935 shares today.
- BYI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BYI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BYI NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on BYI: Bally Technologies, Inc., a gaming company, designs, manufactures, operates, and distributes advanced technology-based gaming devices, systems, server-based solutions, custom mobile applications, and interactive applications in the United States and internationally. BYI has a PE ratio of 21.5. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Bally Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Bally Technologies has been 385,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bally has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.88 and a short float of 12.4% with 15.74 days to cover. Shares are down 0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bally Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BYI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 25.97% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 74.22% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BYI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- BALLY TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 26.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BALLY TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.45 versus $2.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.22 versus $3.45).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 16.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $32.53 million to $37.78 million.
- You can view the full Bally Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about BYI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV