Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT) Rising Before The Market Opens
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Intercept Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ICPT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $337.0 million.
- ICPT traded 22,999 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:27 AM.
- ICPT is up 33.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ICPT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ICPT NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on ICPT: Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a development stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics to treat chronic liver diseases utilizing its proprietary bile acid chemistry. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Intercept Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for Intercept Pharmaceuticals has been 187,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Intercept has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.09 and a short float of 8.6% with 0.59 days to cover. Shares are up 6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Intercept Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share and deteriorating net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INTERCEPT PHARMA INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 51.8% in earnings (-$3.46 versus -$2.28).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 511.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$5.19 million to -$31.74 million.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 11.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 22.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, INTERCEPT PHARMA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has fallen to -$6.44 million from having none in the same quarter last year. Since the company had no net operating cash flow for the prior period, we cannot calculate a percent change in order to compare its growth rate with that of its industry average.
- You can view the full Intercept Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV