VALENCIA, Calif., Jan. 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MannKind Corporation (Nasdaq:MNKD) today announced that the Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is tentatively scheduled on April 1, 2014 to review MannKind's New Drug Application (NDA) for AFREZZA ® (insulin human [rDNA origin]) Inhalation Powder. The date and details of the meeting are subject to confirmation by the FDA in a Federal Register notice. MannKind resubmitted the NDA on October 13, 2013 seeking approval to market AFREZZA in the United States with an indication to improve glycemic control in adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. The target date for the FDA to complete its review of the AFREZZA NDA is April 15, 2014.
About MannKind Corporation
MannKind Corporation (Nasdaq:MNKD) focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutic products for patients with diseases such as diabetes. Its lead product candidate, AFREZZA ® , has completed Phase 3 clinical trials. MannKind maintains a website at www.mannkindcorp.com to which MannKind regularly posts copies of its press releases as well as additional information about MannKind. Interested persons can subscribe on the MannKind website to e-mail alerts that are sent automatically when MannKind issues press releases, files its reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission or posts certain other information to the website.
CONTACT: Company Contact: Matthew Pfeffer Chief Financial Officer 661 775-5300 firstname.lastname@example.org Media Inquiries: Laura De Zutter or Jeff Hoyak MCS Healthcare Public Relations 800 477-9626 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV