VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 9, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Coalspur Mines Limited (ASX:CPL) (TSX:CPT) ("Coalspur" or "Company") announced today that it has reached an agreement with Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation ("Alexis") with regard to the development of the Vista project. Alexis, the sole remaining First Nation party granted intervener status by the Alberta Energy Regulator ("AER"), has now withdrawn as an intervener in relation to the Vista project, both in relation to the AER as well as to the Alberta Utilities Commission.
- Coalspur and the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation have reached an agreement in relation to the development of the Vista project
- Alexis has withdrawn as intervener in relation to the regulatory approval of the Vista project, which paves the way for the Alberta Energy Regulator to render its decision regarding the approval of Vista
- In anticipation of such decision, Coalspur continues to work with the various regulatory agencies relating to its applications in order to secure final approvals and permits for Vista
The agreement formalizes the relationship between Coalspur and Alexis and creates mutually beneficial opportunities for business and provides for Alexis community infrastructure and programs. The agreement also ensures Alexis participation in the reclamation and ongoing environmental monitoring of the Vista operation."We are pleased to have reached this agreement with Alexis and look forward to working with the Alexis community in the future," said Gill Winckler, Coalspur President and CEO. "We have been engaged in discussions with Alexis for over two years and now have a way forward that not only advances Vista but allows Alexis to participate in, and benefit from its success. "Coalspur has engaged with numerous aboriginal communities for over two years and agreements have been reached with five other communities through this consultation process. We have now addressed the concerns of all the parties that were granted intervener status by the AER on October 3, 2013 and look forward to securing regulatory approval and being in a position to finalize our funding arrangements for the construction of Vista."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV