BOGOTA, Colombia, Jan. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chief Executive Officer of Ecopetrol S.A. hereby calls on Shareholders to attend the extraordinary shareholders' meeting to be held on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014, starting at 7:30 a.m. at the International Center of Business and Exhibitions (Centro Internacional de Negocios y Exposiciones, Corferias), located on Carrera 37 No. 24 – 67, Bogota, Colombia.
The agenda of the meeting will be:
- Safety guidelines
- Quorum verification
- Opening by the Chief Executive Officer of Ecopetrol S.A.
- Approval of the agenda
- Appointment of the President for the meeting
- Appointment of the Commission in charge of scrutinizing elections and polling
- Appointment of the Commission in charge of reviewing and approving the minutes of the meeting
- Election of the Board of Directors
The resumes of the current directors and the candidates nominated by the majority shareholder are available on Ecopetrol's Web site.Shareholders that are not able to attend the Shareholders' Meeting may be represented through a proxy, granted in writing, pursuant to the requirements provided for under Colombian Corporate Law. In order to facilitate the fulfillment of these requirements, shareholders are allowed to download from the website, various proxy models that have been designed for each relevant case. Except for the cases of legal representation, officers and employees of Ecopetrol S.A. shall not be entitled to represent shares other than their own, while in exercise of their posts, nor shall be allowed to substitute the powers of attorney conferred upon them. In all events, shareholders' representation shall be subject to the rules set forth under Colombian Corporate Law and Securities Regulations, concerning illegal, unauthorized and unsafe practices by the issuers of securities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts