James Dennin, Kapitall: These stocks have raised dividends for 25 consecutive years, and have low price to equity and price to book ratios.
The DRiP investing resources center has a number of resources for income investors for ways to re-invest your money. One particular favorite of ours is their index of dividend champions – stocks that have raised their dividends for 25 consecutive years.
There are about 125 companies out there who've accomplished this impressive feat.
To narrow the list down further, we decided to look for plays on the list with low valuations. To find those we screened for companies with a price to equity (P/E) ratio below 15, and a price to book (P/B) ratio below 2. P/E ratios are calculated by looking at the cost of each dollar of equity, while the P/B ratio compares the company's price to the total value of its assets.Read more from Kapitall: Retail Highs and Lows: Undervalued Department Store Stocks with High ROE The first thing we noticed about the screen was a preponderance of stocks in the financial industry, particularly community banks like the 1st Source Corporation (SRCE), based in Indiana and Michigan. This is because community banks have lower capital requirements than other financial institutions – the amount of cash they're required to keep on hand – which allows them to do more to drive up returns on equity (ROE). However stocks across the financial sector have very cheap pricing [JP Morgan's (JPM) P/B is 1.02), and could also stand to benefit from tapering. Our screen left nine stocks on our list. Click on the interactive chart below to view analyst ratings over time. Do you see any investing opportunities in these dividend stocks? Use the list below to begin your own analysis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV