VENICE, Fla., Jan. 9, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PGT Industries (Nasdaq:PGTI), the nation's leading supplier of residential impact-resistant windows and doors, broke ground on a new $15 million glass operations plant on Thursday, January 9, 2014. The 96,000 square foot facility will allow PGT to expand its current glass cutting, tempering and laminating processes and more effectively control the quality of glass being used in its products.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=22986
While the facility will initially be used for glass processing, PGT anticipates that the additional space may house manufacturing and other operations determined by future market demand."This tells such a great story about our region's economic recovery. Seven years ago, we would have never thought this could happen," said Rod Hershberger, president and CEO of PGT Industries. "We were shutting down plants and suffering through the housing recession. Now we are thrilled to be thriving and growing, creating jobs, exporting product, and bringing more jobs to the state of Florida," he said. The new plant will be located at the corner of Knight's Trail and Triple Diamond Boulevard, a short distance from the company's main campus in Venice. Venice Mayor John Holic was present for the groundbreaking ceremony. "The city of Venice is proud to have you here," said Holic. "PGT is a company dedicated to this community with a 99% on time delivery record. They not only know about quality and customer service, they live it. We almost lost you once, and we don't want it to happen again; we are here to help in every way possible," said Holic.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV