NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Given the runaway viral success of this past weekend's story with pathetic pictures from your local Sears
(SHLD) store, I'll make this one quick, with emphasis on graphics, not prose.
But I must say, it turns out that TheStreet's Brian Sozzi isn't as dumb as Sears tried to make him look.
You might recall one of the last public missives we received from Sears corporate communications team:
4:17 pm Sears Hldg provides Q4 outlook: expect reported net loss attributable to Holdings' shareholders for the quarter ending February 1, 2014 will be between $250 million and $360 million, or between $2.35 and $3.39 loss per diluted share.
Sometimes a pathetic picture is worth 1,000 words and more than a quarter billion dollars in losses on Wall Street.
The $SHLD results could be seen walking thru the stores pre-XMAS cc @Rocco_TheStreet Herb Greenberg (@herbgreenberg) January 9, 2014
As I tweeted at the time, this was my local $SHLD the Friday b4 Xmas pic.twitter.com/9i2fOC5Vps Herb Greenberg (@herbgreenberg) January 9, 2014
@Rocco_TheStreet @Sears @TheStreet @BrianSozzi you asked for photos inside Sears and here is mine from Madison, TN. pic.twitter.com/MrGjkCvoZ5 Lee Hamblin (@leehamblin) January 9, 2014
@Rocco_TheStreet @TheStreet This is a case study on the value of social. Unbelievably powerful. Nicole Sherrod (@TDANSherrod) January 9, 2014Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV