OWINGS MILLS, Md., Jan. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE: MED), a leading United States manufacturer and provider of clinically proven, portion-controlled weight-loss products and programs, today announced the opening of five new franchise locations in Alabama and Louisiana, which will be owned and operated by Team Wellness CEO, Neal Smith.
"The continued addition of franchised Medifast Weight Control Centers is consistent with our long-term growth strategy and increases the delivery of our services," said Michael MacDonald, Chairman and CEO of Medifast. "By growing the footprint of our Weight Control Centers, we stand to reach more Americans, supporting them in their transition to, and maintenance of, healthier lifestyles."
Medifast Weight Control Center programs focus on an individual's specific needs, maximizing plan effectiveness and enabling lasting results. These individualized plans are tailored to a person's health, body composition, goals, and attitude. Medifast's products and programs are rooted in science and medical research and are designed to help individuals lose weight safely while seamlessly integrating into their busy lifestyles. The one-on-one counseling provided at Medifast Weight Control Centers provides support to assist customers in maintaining healthy lifestyles for the long term.
Medifast Weight Control Centers are located in 14 states, including Alabama, Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin. For more information and to find the nearest Medifast Weight Control Center, log onto http://www.medifastcenters.com, or call 1-888-Y-MEDIFAST.MED-G
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV