NEW YORK (
T-Mobile US Inc.
(TMUS) made a presentation at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show on Wednesday night and the stocks of both
Verizon Communications Inc.
(T) were dropping nearly 2% in afternoon trading on Thursday.
T-Mobile CEO John Lagere took the stage at CES and revealed that the company added 1.6 million subscribers in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013 vs. a loss of 32,000 subscribers in the same quarter last year. Furthermore, Lagere addressed T-Mobile's "Uncarrier" strategy, which has no contract lock-ups, free but small data plans for tablets and more frequent mobile phone upgrades.
T-Mobile shares then spiked 1.9% on Thursday morning, but the stock was declining 0.81% to $33 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV