CHICAGO, Jan. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) today issued the following statement in support of legislation introduced in the Senate and House re-establishing Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Administration.
"Boeing commends Senators Baucus and Hatch and Congressman Camp for introducing bipartisan proposals that would give the Administration the authority needed to negotiate 21st century trade agreements, promote America's economic interests and jobs, and preserve congressional oversight of trade policy. Today's actions set the stage for a reinvigorated U.S. trade agenda that should enable the successful conclusion of pending and future trade agreements and open up foreign markets to U.S. goods and services. With more than 95 percent of the world's population living outside the United States, it is imperative that America maintain its leadership position in international trade."
Boeing is one of the largest U.S. exporters of a manufactured product. More than three quarters of the company's commercial airplane revenue comes from customers outside the United States, and approximately 80% of the company's commercial airplane backlog is destined for customers in other countries. Boeing directly employs more than 160,000 highly-skilled American workers and supports an additional 1.4 million jobs across the United States through its 17,000 U.S. suppliers.
Contact:Tim NealeBoeing Government OperationsOffice: +1 703-465-3220Mobile: +1 703-340-7436 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV