MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET) issued the following statement today upon the introduction of legislation to renew “fast track” Trade Promotion Authority. The bill would enable the United States to finalize three multilateral trade agreements—the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), and the Trade in Services Agreement (TISA)—that are important to companies doing business globally.
“MetLife’s top five markets—the United States, Japan, Mexico, Korea and Chile—are covered by one or more of the agreements being negotiated, as are all but a handful of the additional 40-plus countries where we do business. Multilateral trade agreements offer unparalleled opportunities to increase business activity among treaty partners and are more efficient than negotiating one market at a time. In a highly regulated business such as insurance, free trade agreements are extraordinarily helpful in providing regulatory transparency, market access, and a level playing field. We applaud Chairmen Baucus and Camp and Ranking Member Hatch for taking this critical step forward to bolster U.S. business and job growth.”
About MetLife, Inc.
MetLife, Inc. is a leading global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs, serving 90 million customers. Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, MetLife holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV