NEW YORK, Jan. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The start of a new year is often a time for reflection and a resolve to change. Whether the resolutions are big or small, most people by now are already starting down the path to a new and better version of themselves. A new WebMD survey about resolutions revealed that one in three women -- and nearly half of all Hispanic women in the U.S. -- are making 2014 resolutions each January but almost 60% end up dropping them by the end of March.
Inspired by the WebMD survey, Colgate Total® is helping women take charge of their health in 2014. An overwhelming 79% of women said that the best way to get them motivated to stay on course would be by following small, achievable tips and advice that would make a measurable impact on their health. In response, Colgate offers the following easy-to-follow tips to help women stay on track for a better, healthy lifestyle this year.
- See Your Doctor – Many of us can fall into the habit of just going to the doctor when we aren't feeling well. Break that cycle by scheduling your annual physical and check-up and start going to the doctor when you are feeling fine.
- Take a Walk – Working in front of a computer all day can lead to poor posture and eye strain. Try taking a short walk every 30 minutes to give your eyes a break and get a boost of energy.
- Disconnect – Technology is everywhere. Take some time to disconnect and get away from the TV and other gadgets. Spending time away from the screen with your family or even alone may be just the break you are looking for.
- Bring the Gym Home – Expensive gyms aren't the only way to get fit. Purchase a jump rope or resistant bands and look for small pockets of time throughout the day when you can get in your own personal workout without having the leave your house.
- Refresh Your Mouth Health - Add oral care to your healthy checklist this year. Choose a portfolio of products like Colgate Total® that can help keep your mouth healthy, and have a positive effect on your overall health.
"Oral health is another important habit that contributes to overall health. Committing to improving oral health is a New Year's resolution anyone can keep. When selecting a toothpaste, it's important to find one that not only maintains mouth health, but that actually helps improve mouth health," states Philip Durocher, Vice President & General Manager, U.S. Oral Care Marketing, Colgate-Palmolive. "Colgate Total® is a great example of toothpaste that does just that. Unlike other toothpaste, Colgate Total® toothpaste reduces dental plaque germs for 12 hours 1, starts to strengthen enamel in 24 hours, and helps improve gum health in four weeks. 2 It's a simple resolution that can have a big impact."
While the WebMD survey results indicated that most people resolve to exercise and lose weight, others vow to commit to different healthy habits such as getting organized (39%), being happier (39%), and learning something new (37%) – all of which make the list for 2014 resolutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV