- Zenergy – As desires shift toward restoring balance and simplifying in an effort to revitalize and energize, colors and styles that reflect minimalism and uncomplicated quiet luxury will grow in popularity for 2014. Trend colors in this palette include serene greens and blues and cool hues that are restorative and unpretentious. Lighter, natural colors that set a feathered atmosphere are paired with darker, soulful shades. Warm wood tones and orderly geometric lines will counter and complement the minimalism of the colors.
- Time Traveler – This trend palette reflects the desire to reconnect to cultures and customs of faraway times and places and the yearning to weave these collected stories into our modern lives and homes like patchwork. Inspired by history, fantasy, folklore and tribal motifs, colors and styles are combined in a way that pays tribute to tradition, but with fresh perspective. Trend colors in this palette focus on visually rich hues borrowed from different cultures and eras. Lighter hues featuring gray undertones are married with bold traditional colors to take a piece of history and reconnect it in a modern home.
- Yours Truly – As our lives become increasingly curated, we are reinventing traditional function through customization and personal expression, allowing for an aesthetic that feels custom, handcrafted, re-imagined, and a bit imperfect but always inspired. We see the importance of connecting to the products we buy through stories and personal touch, and gravitate toward creatively blending different materials and finishes for a look that is experimental, unexpected and all our own. This color palette is grounded with earthy tones, but the addition of clean greens and blues reflects new adventure and discovery.
Valspar Paint Unveils 2014 Color Outlook - Yours Truly Trend Palette (Photo: Valspar)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts