Delivering on the promise to help people connect to the power in color, Valspar Paint® reveals its 2014 Color Outlook and trend palettes. In 2014, Valspar predicts the theme of “redefining the home” will grow in importance in the coming year and has curated three distinct color palettes that embrace this forecasted trend. Each color palette – Zenergy, Time Traveler and Yours Truly – is inspired by the newest underlying influences and movements that are expressed in fashion, food, art, interior design and lifestyle.
Valspar Paint Unveils 2014 Color Outlook - Zenergy Trend Palette (Photo: Valspar)
“In 2014, consumers will be redefining what matters and will feel a growing awareness of what’s important,” said Sue Kim, Valspar Color Strategist. “The Valspar 2014 Color Outlook draws on this trend, with color palettes that are inspired by how people are purposefully incorporating these redefined experiences into their daily lives.”
Zenergy, Time Traveler and Yours Truly are color palettes that serve to restore spirits with a return to simplicity, reconnect us to cultures and customs gone by, and reinvent style with expressions of creativity. Colors in the palettes range from serene cool hues to grounded earthy tones to bold traditional colors, offering a wide variety of color choices to refresh any room in the home.
The Valspar 2014 Color Outlook palettes:
- Zenergy – As desires shift toward restoring balance and simplifying in an effort to revitalize and energize, colors and styles that reflect minimalism and uncomplicated quiet luxury will grow in popularity for 2014. Trend colors in this palette include serene greens and blues and cool hues that are restorative and unpretentious. Lighter, natural colors that set a feathered atmosphere are paired with darker, soulful shades. Warm wood tones and orderly geometric lines will counter and complement the minimalism of the colors.
- Time Traveler – This trend palette reflects the desire to reconnect to cultures and customs of faraway times and places and the yearning to weave these collected stories into our modern lives and homes like patchwork. Inspired by history, fantasy, folklore and tribal motifs, colors and styles are combined in a way that pays tribute to tradition, but with fresh perspective. Trend colors in this palette focus on visually rich hues borrowed from different cultures and eras. Lighter hues featuring gray undertones are married with bold traditional colors to take a piece of history and reconnect it in a modern home.
- Yours Truly – As our lives become increasingly curated, we are reinventing traditional function through customization and personal expression, allowing for an aesthetic that feels custom, handcrafted, re-imagined, and a bit imperfect but always inspired. We see the importance of connecting to the products we buy through stories and personal touch, and gravitate toward creatively blending different materials and finishes for a look that is experimental, unexpected and all our own. This color palette is grounded with earthy tones, but the addition of clean greens and blues reflects new adventure and discovery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV