Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus". (Updates from 10:58 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Friday.
Citigroup downgraded Cheniere Energy (LNG) to hold from buy. Cramer couldn't understand this because the company is "putting more people to work" than any other company he knows. LNG rose 10 cents to $46.37.
Cramer called Ventas (VTR) "a great stock," and said the real estate investment trust space is getting a boost on Friday due to the nonfarm payrolls report. VTR jumped 4.6% to $60.70.
Investors should "buy PulteGroup (PHM) on this employment report," Cramer said. He said JPMorgan's downgrade to underweight was the "wrong" call. PHM was 1.9% higher at $20.16.Bank of America/Merrill Lynch downgraded Barracuda Networks (CUDA) to neutral from buy saying that while the company delivered on earnings, it wasn't enough to please investors. "People want too much from the CUDA," he concluded. CUDA plummeted 6.5% to $36.47. Goldman Sachs downgraded BlackRock (BLK) to hold from buy and Cramer disagreed. "I think you stick with BlackRock. I don't like this downgrade," he said. He added that CEO Larry Fink has done a remarkable job. BLK fell by $1.14 to $314.94. Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ) can be a great company, Cramer said. "Sum of the parts is $35 to $39," he added, meaning the company's business segment are not valued high enough relative to the stock price. HTZ rose 8 cents to $27.74. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV