NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's the second day in a row I have noticed what appears to be some sort of intrusion into Marcia Dorsey's Twitter
(TWTR) account. That's Jack's Mom. Jack, of course, is Jack Dorsey, Twitter's co-founder.
**UPDATE: She deleted the errant Tweet, and I failed to screen capture it, but you can see the text of the all-too-common spam, followed by her reply.
I did not send the last Tweet Marcia Dorsey (@marciadorsey) January 9, 2014
I only point this out because it's the second day in a row I've seen it happen; it happens all day, seemingly everyday to others (that's a bit of an issue, no?); it raises questions about security on social networks; and, more importantly, it has to qualify as news, given the fact that every time Twitter goes down it makes headlines across the financial media. This is far more interesting than a random outage triggered by too many Tweets.
As I write Twitter stock is down about 2.5%, but that's probably not because of Jack's Mom's account. It's more likely because of this.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV