Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 1/13/14, Chesapeake Energy Corp. (CHK) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.0875, payable on 1/31/14. As a percentage of CHK's recent stock price of $25.95, this dividend works out to approximately 0.34%.
Below is a dividend history chart for CHK, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.0875 declared by Chesapeake Energy Corp.:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from CHK is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 1.35% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of CHK shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, CHK's low point in its 52 week range is $16.37 per share, with $29.06 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $25.93.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, CHK makes up 4.78% of the Dynamic Energy Exploration & Production Portfolio ETF (PXE) which is trading higher by about 0.2% on the day Thursday. In Thursday trading, Chesapeake Energy Corp. shares are currently up about 0.4% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV