NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- American Airlines Group Inc. AAL rose 5.66% to $29.19 in morning trading on Thursday after the company announced that it experienced higher passenger traffic in Dec. 2013.
American Airlines Group noted that its total traffic rose 5.7% in December 2013 compared to December 2012. Capacity also rose 1.9% and load factor, the portion of seats filled, increased to 83.8% from 80.8%. The consolidated passenger revenue per available seat mile, or PRASM, also increased approximately 9% vs. the same period last year, which is a good sign for the company as PRASM is a critical measure in the industry.
American Airlines Group formed on Dec. 9, 2013 when AMR Corporation's American Airlines moved out of bankruptcy and merged with US Airways to create the world's largest airline by traffic. The stock is up 9.4% thus far in 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV