Synageva BioPharma (GEVA) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
- GEVA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.1 million.
- GEVA has traded 158,981 shares today.
- GEVA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GEVA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GEVA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GEVA: Synageva BioPharma Corp., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutic products for patients with life-threatening rare diseases and unmet medical needs. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Synageva BioPharma a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Synageva BioPharma has been 157,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Synageva BioPharma has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.61 and a short float of 14.1% with 11.72 days to cover. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Synageva BioPharma as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SYNAGEVA BIOPHARMA CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SYNAGEVA BIOPHARMA CORP reported poor results of -$1.88 versus -$0.43 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 82.4% in earnings (-$3.43 versus -$1.88).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 176.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$10.18 million to -$28.12 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, SYNAGEVA BIOPHARMA CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$15.45 million or 31.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- GEVA, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 11.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 74.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Synageva BioPharma Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts