CareFusion (CFN) Hits New Lifetime High
- CFN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.9 million.
- CFN has traded 1.8 million shares today.
- CFN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CFN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CFN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CFN: CareFusion Corporation, a medical technology company, provides various healthcare products and services. It offers product lines in the areas of medication management, infection prevention, operating room effectiveness, respiratory care, and surveillance and analytics. CFN has a PE ratio of 23.1. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate CareFusion a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for CareFusion has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CareFusion has a market cap of $8.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 0.9% with 1.40 days to cover. Shares are up 0.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CareFusion as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CFN's share price has jumped by 33.91%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CFN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CFN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.58, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- CAREFUSION CORP's earnings per share declined by 7.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAREFUSION CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.73 versus $1.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.35 versus $1.73).
- The gross profit margin for CAREFUSION CORP is rather high; currently it is at 56.51%. Regardless of CFN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.39% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full CareFusion Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.