- Total sales were $29.1 million, a quarterly record, up 8.4% from $26.8 million in the year ago quarter. There were 41 units in the 1Q14 count versus 34 in the year ago quarter. The figures do not include the Company's internet or media divisions.
- Sales at units open more than one year were $26.6 million, also a quarterly record, up 0.3% from a year ago. There were 33 units in this category in 1Q14.
- Total sales were positively impacted by the performance of adult clubs acquired and sports bar/restaurants launched within the past year, as well as sales growth at existing adult clubs.
- The quarter's sales were achieved despite mid-December ice storms that caused Rick's to close many units in Texas for as many as five days, resulting in at least $500,000 in lost sales. Most of these clubs were among those open more than a year. Texas is Rick's largest single market.
- The Company expects to announce 1Q14 results on February 10, 2014.
Rick's Cabaret International, Inc. Reports 1Q14 Total Sales Of $29.1 Million, Up 8.4% Year Over Year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.