Julie Richardson, 50, has been elected to The Hartford’s board of directors, the company announced today. Richardson will serve on the board’s Audit Committee, as well as the Finance, Investment and Risk Management Committee.
“With 25+ years of financial services experience as a banker and investment professional at some of the world’s largest financial services firms, Julie will provide a unique set of perspectives and insights to our board,” said The Hartford’s Chairman, President and CEO Liam E. McGee. “As we continue to transform The Hartford and focus on delivering greater value for shareholders, we look forward to drawing on her capital markets, finance and operational expertise.”
Richardson currently serves as a senior advisor at Providence Equity Partners LLC. Previously, she was a partner and head of the firm’s New York office from where she also led the firm’s global communications investment practice. Richardson was also vice-chairman of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.’s investment banking division and head of its telecommunications, media and technology group. Richardson began her career at Merrill Lynch.
A graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, Richardson has served on the boards of several public and privately held companies. She is a former director for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Metro New York and the West Side YMCA, and is on the board for St. Bernard’s School.About The Hartford With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The company is widely recognized for its service excellence, sustainability practices, trust and integrity. More information on the company and its financial performance is available at www.thehartford.com. Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford. HIG-F
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV