DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford to pay first-quarter 2014 dividend of 12.5 cents per share, up 25 percent from the 2013 quarterly dividend rate of 10 cents per share
- Strong balance sheet, increased liquidity and positive business performance enable increase
- Ford continues to target a regular, growing dividend that is sustainable over an economic or business cycle
The Board of Directors of Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) declared a first-quarter 2014 dividend of $0.125 per share on the company's outstanding Class B and common stock. This is a 25 percent increase from the level of dividend paid in each quarter of 2013.
Ford said its dividend increase reflects strong 2013 performance and its plans going forward and is consistent with the company's One Ford goal of delivering profitable growth for all stakeholders.
"Our capital strategy continues to be focused on financing our One Ford plan, further strengthening our balance sheet and providing attractive returns to our shareholders," said Bob Shanks, chief financial officer, Ford Motor Company. "This increase in the dividend provides our shareholders with a regular, growing dividend that we believe is sustainable over an economic or business cycle."Through the first three quarters of 2013, Ford increased its liquidity position by $3 billion and has extended to 14 the number of consecutive quarters of positive Automotive operating-related cash flow. The first-quarter dividend is payable on March 3, 2014 to shareholders of record at the close of business on Jan. 31, 2014. This is the second quarterly dividend increase in the past two years. After restoring its quarterly dividend at a rate of $0.05 per share beginning with the first quarter of 2012, Ford increased its quarterly dividend to $0.10 per share beginning with the first quarter of 2013. About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 180,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information about Ford and its products worldwide, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV