After a slow start last year, Bunge (BG) kicked it into high gear in the last six months, catching up with the S&P's performance by year-end. But if you missed the upside in this $12 billion agribusiness, never fear. The technicals indicate that Bunge has greener pastures ahead.
That's because Bunge is currently forming an ascending triangle pattern, a bullish setup formed by horizontal resistance to the upside at $83 and uptrending support below shares. Basically, as Bunge bounces in between those two technical levels, it's getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout above resistance. When that breakout above $83 happens, we've got our buy signal.The 50-day moving average has been acting as a solid proxy for support all the way up Bunge's rally. That makes it a logical level to keep a protective stop if you decide to be a buyer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV