OWINGS MILLS, Md., Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE: MED), a leading United States manufacturer and provider of clinically proven, portion-controlled weight-loss products and programs, is proud to announce its ranking as the nation's third most popular diet by DietsInReview.com's "2013 Most Popular Diets of the Year." The website just announced the 25 most popular diets of 2013.
DietsInReview.com provides information and education from health professionals to support individuals as they implement healthy lifestyle and nutrition choices, manage their weight, and learn how to live a healthier life. At the end of each year, DietsInReview.com ranks the most popular US diets, and, for the past two years, Medifast has ranked third.
"It is an honor to be recognized as a leading brand in the United States by consumers and DietsInReview.com," said Michael C. MacDonald, Medifast's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Medifast is designed to help people lose weight and learn the habits of a healthy lifestyle with the help of our products and multiple support options."
To learn more about Medifast, please visit www.medifastnow.com.About Medifast: Medifast (NYSE: MED) is the leading easy-to-use, clinically proven, portion-controlled weight-loss program. The company sells its products and programs via four unique distribution channels: 1) the web and national call centers, 2) the Take Shape For Life personal coaching division, 3) Medifast Weight Control Centers, and 4) a national network of physicians. Medifast was founded in 1980 and is located in Owings Mills, Maryland. For more information, log onto www.MedifastNow.com. SOURCE Medifast, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV