Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: LMCA, LMCB) has extended the submission deadline for the annual “Media for Liberty Award” to January 15, 2014.
Now in its 5
consecutive year, this $50,000 award seeks to acknowledge and promote outstanding media contributions that explore the relationship between economic and political liberty. Eligible works must be originally published or broadcast via print or electronic media during the 2013 calendar year.
Submitted works will be reviewed by a jury panel and evaluated based on the degree to which the theme is addressed, inspirational and educational value, relevance to the public discourse, and mastery of media format.
Eligible media outlets, including newspapers, magazines, journals, radio, television and websites, must be generally recognized in their markets and accessible to a broad audience in the United States.
- Length: Print entries may not exceed 20,000 words. Electronic entries may not exceed 120 minutes.
- Language: All entries must be in English, or submitted with an English translation or with English subtitles.
- Examples: Eligible entries may include news reporting, feature coverage, investigative reporting, articles, essays, editorials, commentaries, documentaries and educational works.
- Programs produced and intended for general theatrical motion picture release are not eligible.
- Deadline: Eligible works must be originally published or broadcast via print or electronic media during the 2013 calendar year, and received by Liberty Media no later than January 15, 2014
Refer to Official Contest Rules at:
The winner will be notified in February 2014. An awards ceremony will be held in the spring of 2014 in Washington, D.C.
For more information on the Media for Liberty Award, including entry forms, rules, judging criteria the most recent and past honorees can be found at Liberty Media's web site,
. Entries can be submitted online or mailed to:
About Liberty Media Corporation
| Media for Liberty Award
| 12300 Liberty Boulevard
| Englewood, CO 80112
Liberty Media (Nasdaq: LMCA, LMCB) owns interests in a broad range of media, communications and entertainment businesses, including its subsidiaries Atlanta National League Baseball Club, Inc. and TruePosition, Inc., its interests in SiriusXM, Live Nation Entertainment and Barnes & Noble, and minority equity investments in Time Warner Inc. and Viacom.