NEW YORK (
TheStreet) -- Kraft Foods
(KRFT) said some customers may not be able to find Velveeta cheese over the next few weeks due to a shortage. So, fans of liquid gold might have to go without their favorite Velveeta cheese dips this Super Bowl -- if Kraft doesn't replenish diminishing supplies in time.
While the food maker didn't give an exact reason for the low supply, Kraft said in a statement that any issues with availability are much more noticeable given the seasonal demand.
As the NFL playoffs continue this weekend leading up to the Super Bowl on Feb. 2, Kraft could miss out on significant sales due to the shortage. The Northfield, Illinois-based company reported steady growth in Velveeta slices for the third quarter amid ongoing growth in Velveeta dinners.
Kraft has said some customers may not be able to find Velveeta cheese over the next few weeks due to a shortage. While the company did not give an exact reason for the low supply, in a statement, Kraft said that any issues with availability are much more noticeable given the seasonal demand.
As the NFL playoffs continue leading up to the Super Bowl on February 2, Kraft could miss out on significant sales due to the shortage. The company reported steady growth in Velveeta slices and ongoing growth in Velveeta dinners in its third-quarter earnings release.
Queso-eating football fans shouldn't have a meltdown though -- Kraft said the issue should be short-lived. In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet.
Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV