Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The clouds that were on the horizon in 2013 look like they're almost upon us now, Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Thursday. Ignoring the weather is always a foolish thing to do.
Cramer said he's often asked what keeps him up at night. Currently, that list includes:
1. Washington. Things may be quiet in Washington at the moment, but with more budget wrangling and elections not far off this calm won't last for long.2. China. We haven't seen any positive numbers coming out of China and the global economy can't afford another Chinese slowdown. 3. Oil Prices. Lower oil prices are great for consumers and the economy in the long term, but for right now they're sending all of the oil stocks sharply lower. 4. Retail. Disappointing news from Family Dollar (FDO), Limited Brands (LB) and Five Below (FIVE) are very troubling, said Cramer. 5. Real estate investment trusts and master limited partnerships. These stocks are still overreacting to the downside as interest rates creep higher. Cramer said all of these items are on his radar and will eventually play a bigger part in which direction the markets are heading.
Executive Decision: Klaus KleinfeldFor his "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Klaus Kleinfeld, chairman and CEO of Alcoa (AA), the company Cramer says provides the best read on the global economy in its conference calls. Kleinfeld started off by noting that his company's overseas bribery scandal is finally behind it and he's looking forward to continuing with Alcoa's transformation. To that end, he said both Alcoa's commodity and value-add businesses continue to grow.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts